Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chicken, Lemon, Dill with Orzo

HAPPY
100
POST
I cant believe I made it to 100 posts! This started as a whim and a way to organize my recipes without cluttering my kitchen. I never though anyone else would be interested in what goes on in my kitchen. For those who have cooked with me, commented, or just lurked I thank you for your time. Going forward I hope to offer some cool give-aways and promotional items and get some feedback on what you would like to see. Thank you all so much~

I made another eh-dinner tonight. So it's good thing I have some recipes stored up waiting to be blogged about. This recipe was totally in my wheelhouse. Anything that takes minimal time to prep, uses basic pantry ingredients, and gets such great results is a favorite in this house. I am actually making this meal again this week because I loved it so much...ok I blew the verdict but if since I have some meals saved up if it wasnt delicious I would skip it. I love love love that you can just throw it all in a baking dish and totally forget about it and after 40 minutes you have dinner. The flavors were really great. The chicken was also really tender. There isnt anything I would change about this recipe.


Chicken, Lemon, Dill with Orzo Bake

4 cups low-sodium chicken broth

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt

1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces

1 pound orzo

2 cups crumbled feta (4 ounces)

1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill

lemon zest, from 1 whole lemon, plus the juice from entire lemon

1 cup grated Parmesan

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil.

In a 3-quart baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.

Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment