Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Red Sangria YUM YUM!

Ok so I am caught up to 12/31 in the order that I had cooked things still left to blog about.
I hope you all had an eventful New Years Eve. We decided to stay home with the kids and make home made pizzas. It was the perfect end to a pretty good year.
This sangria made it a much more fun night! I highly suggest making this sometime soon. It was surprisingly good a few days later when I tried the leftovers before I tossed them....who are we kidding once I tasted it, and it was so delicious I drank the rest!

Ingredients

  • 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
  • 1/4 cup brandy
  • 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (recommended: triple sec or Grand Marnier)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
  • 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled

Directions

Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment