I hope you all had an eventful New Years Eve. We decided to stay home with the kids and make home made pizzas. It was the perfect end to a pretty good year.
This sangria made it a much more fun night! I highly suggest making this sometime soon. It was surprisingly good a few days later when I tried the leftovers before I tossed them....who are we kidding once I tasted it, and it was so delicious I drank the rest!
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (recommended: triple sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled
Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.