Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Berry Trifle

Holy Cow, I made a dessert. I am not really a baker anymore because quite frankly I love baked goods too much to have them in my house and if they are here I eat them. So it isnt really that often that I make any type of dessert. This was for Mother's Day and I love to make trifles. I have 3 recipes that I make anytime I need to bring dessert. They are so quick and easy to make and its just something different. I got my trifle bowl in Wal-Mart about 10 years ago and I think it was maybe $10. I would say it was more then worth the investment.
Berry Trifle
borrowed from All Recipe.com

Ingredients

  • 1 (10.75 ounce) package prepared pound cake, cubed
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blueberries
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries**I used fresh because they were on sale**
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blackberries
  • 2 tablespoons praline liqueur**I sub in Orange Juice**
  • 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

  1. Place cubed cake in bottom of large glass serving bowl. Layer the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries on top of the cake. Sprinkle with praline liqueur.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, condensed milk and 1 cup of whipped topping, stir well. Pour mixture over frozen berries. Top custard with remaining cool whip. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, enough for the berries to thaw before serving
MY DIRECTIONS
I make two layers. I put 1/2 the cake, 1/2 the fruit, 1/2 the pudding mix and then repeat. Then I put the cool-whip or whip cream on top. I feel like its better for distribution when spooning it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment