Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Balsamic Chicken Noodle Bowl

I love when I find a new blog from someone who likes to cook and eat the same way I do. I haven't even scratched the surface of My Kitchen Cafe and I have loved all the things I have made from this site. It never disappoints. Most meals and really quick, pretty healthy and YUMMY--that's all I really ask for in a recipe. When I make pasta I try to always get the Barilla Whole Wheat brand if I am using one of the shapes it comes in. It is by far the tastiest of the whole wheat pastas. I dont really notice a different in taste or texture and its full of fiber so it makes it slightly better to eat a giant bowl of pasta.

Balsamic Chicken Noodle Bowl
adapted from
My Kitchen Cafe
*Serves 6
**** 11 WW Point Plus Points****

12 oz. whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
5 garlic cloves, finely minced
½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil (can substitute 1 cup fresh basil)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
6 ozs. shredded or cubed mozzarella cheese


Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until just tender according to package directions. Drain.

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. When combined, slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is completely combined.

While the pasta is boiling, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the bell pepper. Cook briefly until crisp-tender. Add the cooked chicken and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until the chicken is heated through.

When the noodles have been drained, add the hot noodles to the skillet with the red pepper and chicken and toss. Add the shredded or cubed mozzarella and toss quickly to combine before the cheese melts. Pour the dressing over the top and toss with tongs to coat all the ingredients with the dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.

VERDICT
YUMMY noodle goodness. Who doesnt love a big bowl of noodles. This one is sooooo good. Its nice to have different flavors other then Asian flavors which are normally the flavors found in noodle bowls. Everyone in this house loved their noodle bowl and I am sure you will too. This was a great, easy dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment