Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lightened Up Chicken Salad

I am a chicken salad freak. I love it. I always order it on menus, and some are better then others. I did perfect chicken salad back in the day.....but it was kind of filled with fat from the whipping cream I used as its creamy base. So not so good for my new lifestyle. Not horrible, but I can do better for right now.
I take a lot of time to cook things for my lunches. I have only eaten 1 frozen meal for lunch since starting WW, and it wasnt that good. I eat a lot of soups, which I promise to include once I make them again, and I make a lot of burritos with all sorts of ingredients. I think its important for me to take time to prepare my food and use good ingredients. If I am going to eat it, I want it to be something good......and good for me!
Here is what I came up with based on a Weight Watchers Recipe.

Lightened Up Chicken Salad
from me & ww
****3 WW Points Plus****
Serving Size: 6

Ingredients

3/4 pound(s) roasted chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (chopped) (I used unflavored rotisserie)

1/2 cup(s) celery, finely diced

1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise

2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream

2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1 tbsp fresh lemon juice ***you might like more, I am adjusting next time***

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Place all ingredients in a large bowl; mix until blended. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving

**Optional Additions: 1 Tbsp. Dried Cranberries for 1 point, Chopped Apple for 0 Points, Walnuts 1 TBSP for 1 point
I also wrapped it in a delicious Whole Wheat Wrap from Costco, that is 2 points.



No comments:

Post a Comment