Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cousin Beth's Pumpkin Pancakes

Let's me confess. I typically make boxed pancakes. Fiber One to be exact. They are DELICIOUS!
If you havent tried it I urge you to give it a try...after you make these pumpkin pancakes though.
These are Sunday Morning Pancakes. You need more time then the box stuff, but they are worth it. The kids helped me which was fun, which probably caused them to take even more time, but they ate them with such enthusiasm I think they need to help out in the kitchen more often. I think this has started what will now be known as Pancake Sundays. These seemed fitting since the weather has turned chilly in NJ and fall is in the air. I am glad to be rid of the humidity but so sad to see summer go. I can't believe that we swam the last swim and that's that. Least we have these pancakes to put a big smile on our faces :)

Before I go on, I must thank my Sweet Cousin Beth for posting the recipe. She is an amazing wife and mother, who works her behind off, recently completed her Master's Degree and still has time to make home made pancakes. I don't get to see her often enough, as she lives too many miles from me, but since facebook we get to be intertwined into one another's lives and share amazing recipes. I will be forever grateful for this recipe, and her forgiveness for all the horrible things I did to her when we were kids. XOXO!

isnt she the coolest?


onto these beauties!

Cousin Beth's Pumpkin Pancakes

Mix together

1 1/2 cups of milk

1 c. pumpkin puree

1 egg

2 tbsp. veg. oil

2 tbsp. vinegar

In a separate bowl combine

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 tbsp. brown sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. ground allspice

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. salt.

Mix dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture until combined.

Call somebody who is actually good at cooking the pancakes to do that for you. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting again. Pumpkin is something I have never really cared for but I am determined to change that with the right recipe. I recently overcame my lifelong hatred for oatmeal, so I figure anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're posting again. Pumpkin is something I have never really cared for but I am determined to change that with the right recipe. I recently overcame my lifelong hatred for oatmeal, so I figure anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete