Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grilled Chicken Club Salad with Guacamole Dressing

I was waiting for my car's oil to get changed and I was playing on my phone and Rachel Ray sent me this recipe.....well me and millions of other people. I was getting ready to go grocery shopping right after that so it was perfect timing. So thanks Rach!
I also wanted to mention my love of my grill pan again. If you dont have one you should. I cook so many things on my pan. I cant really run outside with the kids and having them outside wouldnt work either so I can easily grill chicken and burgers on my pan. I actually think they come out better because I have more control over the heat on my gas stove. I also think that the flavor might be better because it doesnt get charred and burned like on an outdoor grill. So love it, go out and get one.



Grilled Chicken Club Salad with Guacamole Dressing

borrowed from Rachel Ray

INGREDIENTS

8 slices of smoky bacon

8 chicken breast cutlets (about 2 pounds)

1/3 cup (eyeball it) extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling

Grill seasoning, such as Mccormick Montreal Steak Seasoning

2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped

4 plum tomatoes, chopped

1 ripe Hass avocado

¼ small onion, chopped

1 small garlic clove, smashed and peeled

Juice of 2 lemons

1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped

1 tablespoon (a palmful) cilantro leaves

Salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 375° and cook the bacon on a broiler pan in the oven for 20 minutes. (To get the bacon extra-crisp, don’t open the oven to check on it too often—you’ll let the heat out.) Drain the bacon on paper towels, then chop it.

Coat the chicken with EVOO and grill seasoning. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

Combine the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Cut the avocado in half, pit it and spoon the flesh into a food processor bowl. Add the onion, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeño and cilantro to the avocado. Turn the processor on and add 1/3 cup of the EVOO in a thin stream; process until smooth. season to taste with salt.

Chop the chicken into pieces and arrange on the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad, then scatter the bacon across the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment