Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stuffed Pizza Bites

Are you impressed at my constant posting lately....? I am trying to get caught up before the Christmas stuff takes over our lives.
So I spent some time browsing in my folders of pictures in iphoto and came across about a 1/2 dozen pictures of recipes that I LOVE.....and never blogged about them. I did find some that I have no clue what they heck they are, so I guess they are lost forever. Hope they werent that great, although I suspect if they were I would have committed them to memory.

We made these one Sunday for Football. My Mia Gracie helped me make them and discovered her love of pepperoni and mozzarella. She still talks about when she was a "chefer" and helped me make pizza bites. So I encourage you to get the little ones involved in this one. This recipe couldnt be any easier, but really impressive to people who dont see this post.


Stuffed Pizza Bites
borrowed from Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
½ batch
pizza dough (enough for 1 pizza)
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 20-24 pieces)
Sliced pepperoni

For topping:
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan. Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces. Take one of the dough pieces, top with a cube of cheese and a slice or two of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.

Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired. I serve it with a good quality chunky tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment