Monday, December 5, 2011

Chicken Parm Bake

I have recently become obsessed with Pinterest and it has become such an amazing resource for...well everything! This was the 1st recipe that I pinned to my board and tried. It was SO GOOD! I did alter it from the original, and I might change it up a bit the next time but it really did taste like chicken parm, no frying and it couldnt have been easier. I did eat some croutons so next time I need to get 2 packages so I can eat some and make sure I have enough for a good top layer.
Cant wait to make this one again soon
Chicken Parm Bake

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil

2 cloves garlic, crushed

hot red pepper flakes, to taste

1 ½ pounds chicken breast cut into 1 inch chunks

2 cups marinara sauce

1/4 cup chopped basil

8 oz mozzarella, shredded

4 oz Parmesan, grated

1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons ( I needed 1 ½ packages because I didn’t have enough)

Directions

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

Spread olive oil into bottom of 13 x 9 in pan

Add the chopped garlic & red pepper flakes to the oil

Layer diced chicken on top, making sure to leave some room in between pieces

Spread sauce on top, letting it get into the cracks

Add chopped basil

Add ½ Mozzearella Choose

Add ½ of Parmesan Cheese

Spread Croutons on Top

Add remaining cheeses to the top

Bake for 35-40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment