Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Granola Bites

Hello Little Balls of Yum!
These are loved by every member of my family. I can't make them often enough without them disappearing the by that night or early the next day. Its a fight to get the last one. Its the perfect little compact snack food



Granola Bites

1 cup oatmeal (I used quick oats)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes (I found light dehydrated Coconut flakes, it reduced the calories a great deal but still kept flavor)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated OR I found it easier to throw it into a food processor and pulse it a few times. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment