Thursday, January 9, 2014

Roe's Cheesecake

I am coming out of retirement to post this recipe. I have no picture but its my mom's famous cheesecake recipe and if I post it here it will be with all my other family recipes and I wont lose it again. But I feel like I should make it now that I actually typed it out. This cheesecake is amazing. Its the only one I have ever liked. I wouldnt have dessert if all there was is cheesecake. I just dont love it enough to eat it. But I would never ever turn down a piece of this one. Its so rich and dense.....and must be served with canned cherry goop. Its a must


Roe’s Cheesecake

10 inch Spring foam pan

2 ¼ cups of graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup of sugar
½ stick of butter, melted
mix well with a spoon
press into spring foam pan and up sides of pan

In a bowl mix one at a time
3-8 oz. cream cheese
2 cups of sugar
5 eggs
2-16 oz. sour cream
1 tbsp. vanilla
Blend well after each addition

Pour into crust. Bake 50 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn off oven and let set for 1 hour. Let Cool and store overnight in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment