Tuesday, June 23, 2009

COBB SALAD with CREAMY LIGHT RANCH DRESSING

WHERE IS THE SUN??????
I have to say I am a bit uninspired to cook these days. I feel quilty that I am not blogging about more fabulous recipes then I have been. But since I cant remember the last time I saw the sun, my feet have not touched the beach sand in weeks, I am paler then pale and I am just plain Grumpy about cooking dinner. So hopefully once the weather FINALLY turns summery I will become more inspired to create masterpieces in the kitchen.....until then I bring you COBB SALAD---just as I finished typing these I hear the pitter pat of rain drops on the roof,
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

COBB SALAD with CREAMY LIGHT RANCH DRESSING
INGREDIENTS for 2 adult dinner salads
Salad
3 Cups Baby Romaine or any greens you prefer
1 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken
2 roma tomatoes seeded
3 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
1 hard boiled egg chopped
1 avocado diced
2 tbsp. shredded sharp cheddar
Assemble salad and chill
Dressing--my original recipe was doubled but it makes too much dressing so this is what I make to have enough for 2 large salads, and some leftover for another salad or to put on sandwiches.
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

VERDICT

I love this recipe, which is why I do make it quite often. It is MUCH lighter then any version you can find in any restaurant because I scaled back the ingredients like the egg & bacon that arent very healthy and the dressing is low-low fat because you make it yourself. I do wish there was more bacon and you might want to add a few more slices if you arent counting as many calories. And I only use one egg, because I dont really like them but it does all a little eggy taste in the background. You can also add some spinach to change it up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment