Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 CHEESE CHICKEN PARM

Nothing celebrates our nations Independence like a good chicken parm.



I am making great strides in getting Jackson excited about dinner again and this was by far the biggest meal he has eaten in awhile. I don't know what it is, but he loves my chicken cutlets (so does his Daddy). I don't do anything that amazing to them, but I have learned some tricks which is why I am even posting this.
3 CHEESE CHICKEN PARM
INGREDIENTS
6 thin cut chicken breasts
2 eggs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cups Parmesan Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup flour
EVOO--I use about 1/2 cup total for 2 batches of chicken
Cheese to melt ** I used sliced provolone, shredded Mozzarella, Parmigiana Reginano
tomato sauce

set-up
I use a plate for the flour, and 2 wide shallow bowls for the eggs and the breadcrumbs

  1. Whisk the eggs and Dijon mustard together
  2. dust the chicken with the flour
  3. dip into the egg mixture
  4. cover with breadcrumbs
  5. repeat with the other pieces of chicken
  6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet until hot
  7. lay the chicken in the pan
  8. cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
  9. After all the chicken is fried lay them into a baking dish
  10. Cover with sauce and cheese ** For this particular parm I used the 3 cheese I used because I didn't have enough Mozz. to give good cheese coverage so I just used what I had and I have to say it was quite tasty
  11. Broil Until it becomes bubbly (about 5 minutes)
I also made a really quick and easy broccoli side.
Take fresh broccoli florets and saute them in a hot non-stick pan with 1 tbsp oil for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then add 1/2 cup water and cover with lid for about 5 minutes until tender. I also served whole wheat Barilla Spaghetti which I have to say is really very good for Whole Wheat. WW pasta has come a VERY long way and this is my personal favorite.

VERDICT
While this is a pretty standard recipe it is really easy and who doesn't like anything with Cheese on it. I almost didn't post it because I figure it isn't flashy and kind of boring but then I thought Hey, maybe some of my friends don't know how to parm! And since I don't know how much I will be cooking over the 4th of July weekend I figured I would at least have a post for today.

Speaking of the 4th I am making a great Green Salad that has a great dressing and interesting twist, a really tasty and easy corn salad, and who know what else.......so check back
Have a happy & safe holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment