Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chicken Mc Dougette's

Ok so my life seems turned on edge today.......

for some reason a few times this has happened were the picture decides to turn on its end. I don't know why and I don't know what to do to fix it. So I am sorry but hey, I told you I want even going to cook dinner and I did, so for that you should be happy :)
I didn't make what I originally planned to make because I just didn't feel like reading any recipes tonight. I cooked something that I have cooked probably 200 times in my last 10 years. It was one of the 1st things I invented on my own and its a house favorite. So there is no verdict tonight. If I don't know what to make and I have chicken in the fridge this is what I end up making. I actually had to think about the recipe to write it down because I usually just throw it together and never even measure anything. So here is it.

Chicken Mc Dougette's
invented by me and named after my man

~Preheat Oven to 350°

3-4 chicken breasts or package of tenderloins (I Don’t use these because I don’t like that white thing in the middle)
2 cups cornflake bread crumbs-made by Kellogg in the stuffing/crumb aisle
1 cup creamy salad dressing—I use light 3 cheese ranch or creamy peppercorn
1 tbs Garlic powder
2 tsp.Paprika
1 tbs. Dried parsley
Salt & pepper (1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper) but do to taste

--Cut chicken into strips if they aren’t tenderloins, try to make uniform in size for even baking
--Use 2 large shallow bowls, 1 for the salad dressing and one for the crumb mixture
--Mix the crumbs with all the dry spices
--Put the chicken pieces into the salad dressing and mix to coat
--Transfer one piece at a time into the crumbs and coat
--Then transfer to a wire rack that has been placed on a cookie sheet
--bake uncovered about 30 minutes sometimes longer if your strips are thicker.
--You don't need to flip them.


I also made the crash Hot Potatoes that were featured as a side dish on here before. They are so good its ridiculous. I used the very small red potatoes this time and I smashed them so hard they basically fell apart on the baking sheet but it was really OK. I just scooped up the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment