Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Crisp #1

I am still battling the 30lbs of apples in my fridge. I need to get moving because I think they are slowly multiplying and I don't have any room to put actual food other then apples. This picture was taken of the last wedge left of the crisp...about 5 days after I made it. I have another recipe that I prefer to this one and when make that I would like someone else to make both and compare them for me. Maybe I am biased but I cant be sure. If anything I used up 5 apples so how bad could it be.....and we ate it!


Easy Apple Crisp
from allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS
6 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup water ***I used Apple juice***
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix ***I used Butter Cake Mix***
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Arrange apples in an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
Pour water over apples.
In a medium bowl mix together cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Stir in melted butter or margarine until ingredients are thoroughly blended; mixture will be crumbly.
Sprinkle mixture over apples.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes

VERDICT
I loved how easy it was and it smelled incredible. But I think it was too sweet. I took the advice of some reviewers and used Apple juice so maybe that added to it, but I think it was the cake mix. It needed ice cream and whip cream to cut the sweetness. SO it isn't something you can eat everyday all day long...well you could but it is so sweet it starts to not taste good. I want to taste more apples. I like my other apple crisp better and I would love for others to compare them too

No comments:

Post a Comment