Monday, October 5, 2009

Retro Chicken & Chips

I am behind on my blogging and I am trying to catch up!!!! So no chit chat tonight. I am busy turning over all the clothes closets in the house rather then writing about what I am eating so I am sorry but it usually takes me until Spring to get this done and I am shocked that I am almost done!!! I promise to catch up as soon as I can. I cant wait to tell you about these apple squares I made....down to about 20 lbs of apples :)


Hot Chicken and Chips Retro

borrowed from Cooking Light


Ingredients
4 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped --I HATE THESE so I left them out
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup crushed baked potato chips (about 2 ounces)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine chicken and next 4 ingredients (through water chestnuts) in a large bowl; stir well. Combine low-fat mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture; stir well to combine.

Spoon chicken mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with cheese.

Top cheese evenly with chips. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until filling is bubbly and chips are golden.

VERDICT

I made this recipe before. Its from one of my cookbooks. It is really really easy. It has this really unique flavor that I cant tell if I like. That is weird I know but its good, I swear. I think I would like it on a crusty toasted roll. It tastes like a hot chicken salad to me and made then I would love it. Its a must try because its so simple and uses lots of my pantry staples so it gets 4 stars just for that alone. I think it would be a great buffet dish for leftover turkey too. I don't know I liked it enough to make it again so that is all I will say

No comments:

Post a Comment