Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I threw this recipe in the crockpot before we left for the Giants game and when we came home dinner was ready. Again I don't love crock pot food, but this recipe is soooooo easy and the results are so good its a no-brainer. I served it with honey glazed carrots and sweet potato fries so we got plenty of orange food in us for dinner. I have made this for parties, for a large family dinner and for us so its been tested a few times, always with great results. I also have a recipe that uses more ingredients but I think this one is better
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
from Allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer --some reviewers also used regular coke too---
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce --I like Stubbs its low in sugar--
I also used a medium chopped onion and about a tbsp of garlic powder but you really dont have too, I was just experimenting.
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours.
Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.
Drain well.
Stir in barbecue sauce.
Serve over hamburger buns.

VERDICT
One of the quickest, easiest meals I make. Serve it with some pickles and coleslaw for the authentic pulled pork experience.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe pork tenderloin is on sale this week at Shop Rite. I might have to head over there and get one so I can make this.

    ReplyDelete