Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Skillet

I apologize again for only posting what turns out to be twice a week. It take a lot of work to come up here each night and write about my dinner. When you cooked it, ate it, cleaned it up, you don’t always want to write about it.

I am in full swing for casserole season….in case you haven’t noticed. I have a stack of them sitting on my desk waiting to try. Instead of catching up on my blogging, I was reading recipes instead so at least it wasn’t a total waste of time.

I had no menu planned for this week so I have been cooking on the fly and I hate it. I have a very well stocked pantry but its so stressful to not know what I am making until I am pulling things together of feverishly looking for a recipe that I have all or most of the ingredients for. Next week back to making my list and picking my recipes before I hit the store. It’s the only way to fly.

Luckily I had all the ingredients for this yummy dish—my picture doesn’t do it justice


Cheesy Chicken Skillet

borrowed from Lauren's Kitchen

Ingredients
2 cups of pasta
3/4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup ---I used Campbells--
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder –I used 2 cloves fresh and put them in for 30 seconds before I added everything else--
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Added fresh parsley because I have it sitting in my fridge but you don’t need it at all.
Cook the pasta as directed. Heat 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken & cook thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup, tomatoes, milk and seasonings. Stir in cooked pasta. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until bubbly & heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat, cover & let stand about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley

VERDICT
LOVED IT! I did use fresh garlic because I got a new fancy garlic press and I wanted to use it. It was so creamy and tasted like there was cream in there. No one would guess it was soup. I will be making this one again because I keep these ingredients on hand pretty much all the time so it’s filed under the go to meals in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment