Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Pizza Burger

Tonights dinner started with an OH SH---ugar!
I purchased my ground chicken on Sunday, and its now Friday. I never in a million thought it would have gone bad....Mama didnt check the exp. date when I bought it and it was the next day. COME ON!!!! That's just wrong. I normally always check because I have been burned before, and the 2nd time I dont check, it happens again. So just as I was prepped and ready to go I had to make a quick run to the store to get more chicken......and that chicken is good until April 2nd, which is lucky since I ate it already.
This recipe has opened up a whole slew of recipes I would like to try to incorporate the basic burger....stayed tuned for those
I also want to mention the kind of crappy picture tonight. I guess I was in such a rush to eat, I didnt notice the big smudge on the lens. I tried to pick the picture with the least blurriness, so I apologize in advance. Also, I was really hungry and didnt really care about making the picture look pretty, I wanted to EAT! I know you trust my judgement and when you read my verdict, you wont need to rely on the picture

Chicken Pizza Burger
adapted from Running Mama Cooks
***11 weight watchers Points Plus*** without roll
Serving size 4

Ingredients:

1 Lb ground chicken
1 egg
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parm
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
fresh black pepper

1/2 cup marinara sauce
4 sliced reduced fat provolone cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Mix all ingredients together except provolone cheese and sauce. Form into 4 burgers. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Switch oven to broil. Spoon marinara sauce over burgers and cover with a slice of cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly.
If served with hamburger roll, it will count as extra points

VERDICT: I am singing this burger's praises. HOLY CHICKEN BURGER, it was so good. The points where on the high side but the serving was huge. You could easily convert to 5-6 serving sizes also and it would still be a good sized portion. I liked my big serving, I cant lie. I also didnt need a roll. I was happy with my big slice of ooey gooey cheese on top and my giant side of broccoli, and a couple of whole wheat spaghetti noodles. This is a keeper and I cant wait to make them again.....and again... in a variety of new recipes.

3 comments:

  1. LOL @ Holy Chicken Burger!
    Glad to see you posting again@!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made this last night and it was a hit with everyone. She said it definitely something she'll be making again. We had them on onion rolls. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I am glad you all enjoyed. I cant wait to make them again either! I lost out on the leftover one and I was a little sad inside :)

    ReplyDelete