Sunday, April 10, 2011

Asian Chicken Wraps

I fell off the wagon this week...BIG TIME
I went out with the girls on Friday night and the sangria, and fries where flowing. Saturday night I had the most delicious double date night meal complete with wine and dessert AND the most delicious Asian flavored ribs. I mean heavenly ribs that would make you smack your mama. I cant stop thinking about them. But I dove off that wagon and now I got to get back on. My body wants the sugar and the fat now and I need to remind it we have a job to do. So I wanted to make sure I got some veggies in for dinner and something low in points. I couldnt even begin to calculate all that I ate over the weekend so I am going to have to work pretty darn hard this week to log as many work out points as I can.
Again I took a terrible picture. I had already eaten 3/4 of mine so I stole my husband's and tried to take a quick picture. This is the greatest meal. It comes together so fast and easy. I love the flavor and I have made this probably 2 times a month for the last 4-5 months since I found this recipe. I rely on quick and easy and this recipe is both of those things. I served it with garlic broccoli which was especially delicious.....I think I was REALLY hungry.
Asian Chicken Wraps
borrowed from Mels Kitchen Cafe
****6 WW Points Plus****
Ingredients

Chicken:

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin, 1/2-inch, strips

1 tablespoon olive oil

Vegetables:

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 ounces cups sliced white button mushrooms (I omit these, but I am sure they are great)

3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped

2 garlic cloves, finely minced

4 cups coleslaw mix

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

4 soft wrap breads or flour tortillas, slightly warmed (2 pts)


For the chicken, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the chicken strips and mix to thoroughly coat the chicken. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often until it is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

For the vegetables, heat the oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the green onions and the garlic, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the coleslaw mix and soy sauce. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring often, until the coleslaw is slightly wilted but still has a bit of crunch, and the mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in the hoisin sauce. Serve immediately, rolling up the mixture in soft wrap bread or flour tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment