Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

I got a new cookbook as I mentioned and I have been slowly working my way through it. So far I am impressed. Ellie Krieger knows her stuff. Really healthful food, easy ingredients, and it tastes yum! I cant wait to get into some of the breakfasts and lunch recipes.

Also Ellie Krieger, broils things in her recipes. I admit it is very rare that I broil anything let alone a piece of meat. Again, seems so silly that I have never done this. It is so stinking quick and easy. I was kind of scared to put my faith and trust into my broiler and must have check on it a dozen times but man, I cant believe I never did this before.

Onto the food.......

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
Borrowed from Ellie Krieger
****5 WW Points Plus****
serves 6

Ingredients

4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

2 tablespoon canola oil

2 tablespoon brown sugar

2 tablespoon dry sherry

2 tablespoon rice vinegar

2 garlic clove, crushed with a garlic press or minced

1 tsp. teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger

Pinch red pepper flakes

2 pound pork tenderloin

Directions

Combine the soy sauce, oil, sugar, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and add the pork tenderloin. Seal the bag and marinate the pork in the refrigerator, turning once, for 1/2 hour, or up to 8 hours.

Preheat the broiler. Place the pork on a roasting pan and broil for 15 minutes, turning once.

VERDICT:

LOVED this recipe. BEST pork tenderloin I have ever made and the sauce is devine! NO salt at all. So flavorful. I had a 2 lb tenderloin so I doubled the sauce recipe. Next time I will double the sauce but keep about a 1/2 cup of it to add boil up and sprinkle onto the meat afterwards. I will make this recipe again for sure and plan to use this as my teriyaki sauce recipe going forward. I just was shocked at how easy this recipe was and what great results I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment