Sunday, June 5, 2011

Creamy Mexican Dip

I am in a rut! I hate when I get to the part of the day where I need to cook dinner and I dont feel like it. I menu plan the night before I food shop so that I dont go into a panic mode trying to figure out what I can make. But lately it hasnt helped. I have been going back onto my own blog and cooking some old favorites and updating some with a new healthy spin. Hopefully this too shall pass......oh and I havent been to the gym in 2 weeks. Not good at all. My boy is done with school so my whole schedule changed and I just havent figured out to fit it all in again. With every passing day I miss it more and more. BUT...one bright spot was this dip. I made it on Memorial Day Weekend and I kid you not the bowl was licked clean. It was so good, so fresh and for 1 point, come on you cant do any better then that! No one would have suspected it was a Weight Watchers Recipe


Creamy Mexican Dip
borrowed from Weight Watchers
8 Servings
***1 WW Points Plus***

INGREDIENTS

1 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt, Greek-variety recommended

1/2 cup(s) salsa

1/2 medium avocado, diced

1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped

1/4 cup(s) red onion(s), chopped

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste

Garnish

1/4 medium avocado, diced

1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped

1 Tbsp red onion(s), chopped

Instructions

In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and salsa until blended; stir in remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.

When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with garnishes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment