Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Chicken

Sometimes I see a recipe and I know it will be good
this is one of those recipes
I altered it a little from the original, because well, it needed more pepperoni and I was confused about the chicken........but it was ALL GOOD.....no lie I could eat this every week.
I served it with whole wheat rotini and some zucchini and squash but I dont know why it never made it into the picture. I think I was so hungry and it looked so good, I was dizzy with anticipation



Pepperoni Pizza Chicken
adapted from Dashing Dish

Ingredients:

1.25 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, (or 3 large chicken breasts), pounded thin

(next time I am going to use thin breasts and pound them super thin)

1/4 tsp salt and pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp italian herb blend

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella + 1/4 cup (for topping)

1/4 cup tomato sauce + 1/4 cup sauce (for topping)

24 turkey pepperonis

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Prepare a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray (this makes for easy clean up!)

To make the stuffing, mix together mozzarella, pizza sauce, and seasonings in a small bowl.

Put 4 pepperoni onto the flattened chicken breast.

Spread mixture out evenly over pepperoni.

Roll up each chicken breast, and place seam side down onto baking sheet.

Pour remaining pizza sauce over the top of the chicken breasts, and place 4 pepperoni on top of each chicken breast.

Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for 30-35 min, or until chicken is cooked through, (when chicken is no longer pink in the middle.

Pre-baked and rolled up tight

No comments:

Post a Comment