Sunday, March 25, 2012

Very Veggie Chicken Fried Rice

I can't believe this never made it onto the blog
WELL.....ok so I made it once before and afterwards my chief taster aka my husband ended up in the ER with some stomach issues. It was a year ago, and I was fairly certain it didn't have anything to do with my cooking...well certain enough that I would risk it again because in my recollection this dish was a-mazing!
this time no one ended up in the hospital so I can safely make it again....and again.....and again
We fought over the leftovers...and I won!


Very Veggie Chicken Fried Rice

4 eggs, beaten

3 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari, divided

2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons peanut oil

1 pound of chicken tenderloins, cut in very small pieces

4 cups cabbage and carrot slaw mix

1 large carrot shredded (I like the extra carrots and the slaw mix never has enough)

4 cups of cooked rice, cooled and refrigerated

1 cup frozen peas, thawed

2 tablespoons soy sauce

4 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)

DIRECTIONS:

In a small bowl combine eggs and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Set aside.

Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium heat. Add garlic and egg mixture and stir gently to scramble. When set, remove egg mixture from the wok. Cut up any large pieces of egg mixture. Set aside.

Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil into the wok or skillet and heat to high heat. Add the chicken, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and cook, stirring occasionally until just cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil into the wok or skillet and heat to high heat. Add the mushrooms and the cabbage and carrot mix, stirring occasionally until just beginning to softened, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add cooked rice and peas. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook and stir for 2 - 3 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked egg mixture, cooked chicken, and green onions and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil; cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment