Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walnut Chicken

I apologize for my lack of blogging. Amelia and I have both been sick so I have had my hands full. I did cook, I just didn't get a chance to catch up on my blogging. So I will be brief tonight because I have 3 meals to post and Grey's is on in less then 45 minutes----
Hope you are all cooking some yummy Fall comfort food in your house. I am putting together some good meals for next week.

Walnut Chicken
borrowed from The Sisters Cafe

2 tsp olive oil
4 (8oz) chicken breast halves, skinned
1/3 c. finely chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
½ c. finely chopped walnuts
2 T. flour
½ t. cinnamon
¼ t. ground red pepper
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
¼ c. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 T. white wine vinegar
¼ t. salt
¼ t. pepper
2 c. rice

Heat oil over medium heat.
Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side until browned.
Remove from pan.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly.
Add walnuts and cook one minute or until toasted and fragrant, stirring constantly.
Combine flour, cinnamon, and red pepper, and sprinkle over walnuts, stirring to coat.
Add broth, stir with whisk.
Return chicken to pan breast side up.
Cover and simmer 15 min or until chicken is done and sauce is slightly thick.
Stir in parsley, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings.

VERDICT
I liked the ease of this recipe. Nothing too hard, nothing too fancy, no weird ingredients. It was pretty good. I wouldn't rave about it. I did enjoy it. The chicken was juicy, the sauce was good, and I liked it a lot with the rice. It had good seasoning too. All in all it was a good meal....was it great, hmm, I don't know but its worth a try for sure. Oh and in the picture the rice and the sauce are the same color so it looks a little weird

No comments:

Post a Comment