Monday, April 5, 2010

Meatloaf Sliders

I had seen this recipe in a Magazine, then I saw Katie Lee make them on TV and then I couldnt find it. It was haunting me. I needed to try these sliders. Any meal that you can mix, throw in the oven, then eat, is something all busy families need to have in their recipe file. So I finally figured out where I saw them and strangely enough had all the fixings in my house...YAY MOM. Yes I was in a rush to eat my dinner so making the plate look fancy just wasnt in the cards. So instead I hope I make you smile.

Meatloaf Sliders

Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup grated onion
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 24 slider-size hamburger buns, split***I think I made about 14 in total***

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top. Mist the rack lightly with cooking spray.

Combine the beef, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, the onion, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and the garlic powder in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together.

Shape tablespoonfuls of the meat into small, thin patties, about 2 inches in diameter. Place on the prepared rack on the baking sheet. Brush the patties with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and bake about 20 minutes.


VERDICT: These were yummy. Really really easy which is always a nice bonus. I did make them larger then they recommended because I didnt want to eat just a lot of bread. Doug put 2 n each bun. They do shrink up a bit in baking so next time I might make them even larger. The kids ate them too which is a nice surprise since usually meat is the enemy. I would make sure you cover the pan with parchment for easy clean-up. I will make these again for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment