Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

I was on a quest. A grilled lettuce quest. For some reason I had a taste for it, and needed to find a recipe to match. Odd I had a taste for it because I had in fact never had grilled lettuce before, but had seen it on menus lately and wanted to try it. I also wanted Caesar dressing which I love, but the bottle stuff is blah. Since I started this blog I dont think I have ever purchased a bottle of dressing again. It's way to easy to make my own and then I can control the oil and the flavors and I have made some very delicious ones in the past year.

I ate this salad last week, but today is my baby boy's 3rd birthday. I wish I had some magical picture of this amazing cake I made for him, but baking cakes isnt my thing. Maybe someday. Not today. Today we bought it from a bakery and he was just as happy. He had already had his big birthday party with our entire family and a bunch of friends but this day feels more like a celebration for me then him. I can't believe my baby is 3.

without further chit chat

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus shaved Parmesan for serving
  • 1 lbs. chicken tenderloins
  • 3 heads romaine hearts, sliced lengthwise in 1/2
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat grill to medium heat.

In a blender, combine the garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Drizzle in 3/4 cup olive oil to emulsify. Add the Parmesan and pulse.

Take 2 tbsp. of dressing and toss with the chicken tenderloins to coat. Add to grill and cook each side for 5-7 min. Let rest for a few minutes then, Cut into chunks.

Gently toss the hearts of romaine in remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes, until grill marks appear and the romaine becomes wilted.

Remove the lettuce to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch wide strips. Place in a bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat and serve warm. Garnish with the shaved Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment