Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Chicken Skillet

Had a great workout at the gym today. I still havent gotten used to the idea that someone can find me "inspirational" so I guess I better bet my butt moving so I can live up to my own hype :)
It's amazing to me how strong I am getting. I still long to be able to run again, but those pesky shin splints have a way of making you think they are ok, and then killing me again. Another month and maybe I will give it a shot.

This post is about last night's meal. I can not believe I have never blogged about it before. I make this a lot in the spring when asparagus is in season. I have been making it so long, it is one of the only recipes I know off the top of my head. You may wonder about the name......I had to call is something and Chicken, Asparagus, Red Pepper, Tomato Skillet sounded too long. When I make it its so quick, easy and delicious it makes me happy and you cook it all in one skillet. Ta-dah! Happy Chicken Skillet was born! Now go run out and get what you need to make it, its so Delicious!
Happy Chicken Skillet
from Juliann's Easy Eats..silly
***5 WW Points Plus***

Ingredients

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast halves , cut into cubes

salt and pepper to taste

1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces

1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped

3 clove garlic, minced

1 cup seeded & chopped roma tomatoes

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

***I prep everything before starting to cook because everything comes together really quickly***

Heat the broth in a large skillet over low-medium heat.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in the skillet.

Cook 15 minutes, until chicken is almost done.

Place asparagus, red peppers and garlic in skillet.

Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear and asparagus is tender.

Place tomatoes in skillet during last 2 minutes of cook time.

Sprinkle with vinegar.

Top with mozzarella cheese, remove from heat and cover to melt cheese.

I served over Orzo for additional WW Points

No comments:

Post a Comment