Friday, April 1, 2011

Mexican Chicken Wraps

Seems all my motivation is fleeting. I have not worked out since Wednesday and I am just so tired. I have enough bloat on me to float comfortably in the ocean for the weekend....so I dont anticipate the scale moving much in the next day in time for my weight in on Saturday morning. Maybe I will just have pizza for lunch and call it a week. I am quite inspiring today huh?
If you live in NJ and you look out your window today you will understand the April 1st blahs. We are getting closer to the warmer weather but its SO blah out. Its either warm and rainy or cold and sunny. Cant seem to have it both ways, and I think its making us all cranky
Onto the food which is what I know you came here to check out........

Mexican Chicken Wraps
adapted from Weight Watchers
Serves 4
***7 Point Plus per serving***

1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenders or sliced thin

1 tsp olive oil

1 Tbsp. Montreal Chicken Seasoning

1 Tbsp chili powder

½ Tbsp cumin

1/4 tsp table salt

1/3 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise

3 Tbsp. Light Sour Cream

2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped

1 Tbsp fresh lime juice

2 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped

4 medium flour tortilla—2pts each ( I love the ones from costco.)

shredded lettuce

2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Preheat the broiler or grill; spray the broiler pan or grill rack with nonstick spray. (Or, if you have one, spray a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat until hot.)


Combine the seasoning, chili powder, salt and cumin with the oil in a small bowl.

Combine with chicken and rub seasoning to coat. Grill or broil the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, 5-7 minutes each side. Let cool 5 minutes, then slice 1⁄4 inch thick. 


Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and chipotles in a small bowl.


To assemble the wraps, place the tortillas on a work surface. Spread each with 11⁄2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture. Top each tortilla with one-fourth of the lettuce, then with one-fourth of the chicken. Sprinkle each with one-fourth of the tomato. Fold the bottom flap up over the filling, then fold over the sides to enclose; roll up to form a package. Yields 1 wrap per serving.

VERDICT: This is going to be featured heavily in rotation. I love the spice mixture, and I loved the sauce too. It gave it a little heat but not so much it was too much. It was quick to put together and it also would be great to make a batch and eat for lunch or as a salad. I served this dish with 1/2 cups of white rice, mixed with 1 cup of black beans, 1 cup of frozen corn (defrosted) and the juice of a lime. It is a great combo and my kids devoured it. Anytime I can feed everyone in my house with one dinner I am a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment