Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Awesomest Spinach & Pasta Salad

I am not even going to waste time chatting about the weather........I want to tell you about this salad I made today. It isn't flashy but holy cow its so good. I ate 1 1/2 servings and I would have easily kept eating it. The flavors are perfection together and just thinking about it, makes me want to eat some more. I used full fat ingredients & white pasta but there are so many other healthy things packed into this salad it is more then worth any fat & calories. I dont even really love blue cheese. In years past I wouldn't have even touched the container it was in, but slowly I realized if its put with the right flavor combo it adds this amazing flavor. I would have shocked my younger-self by telling it someday you will eat blue cheese.....and not want to vomit.


Awesomest Spinach & Pasta Salad
an original recipe
4 servings
***10 WW Point Plus***
Ingredients
Salad:
6 oz. bag of baby spinach
2 cups cooked pasta, cooled
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup craisins
1 large apple diced

Dressing:
1 Lemon Juiced
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together for the salad.
Whisk the ingredients for the dressing until blended and then toss into salad

** Little Note, if you want to cut back on some points/fat/calories/you could cut back on the cheese & walnuts they added a lot of the fat (even though it was some good fat) and you could even reduce the amount of pasta. I was in a major pasta mood so it was perfect for me. Also you might even reduce the Olive Oil to 1 tbsp. because you might not even need it or miss it. This was my 1st attempt at this salad so I didnt have a chance to tweak it and reduce the points yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment